Service Guide | Select Slab Hood Motor Replacement
If your Select Slab Hood's motor develops a fault or is damaged outside of the warranty period and needs to be replaced, this guide will help your fitter carry out the replacement.
- Ensure that the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains.
- Remove the grease filters from the bottom of the hood.
- Remove the entire hood from the wall.
- Place the hood on it's back so that you can easily access the top and bottom of the hood.
- Disconnect the motor from the power supply as shown.
- Remove all of the screws holding the motor in place at the top of the hood.
- With these removed the motor will become free and can be removed through the bottom of the hood where the grease filters were located.
- With the motor removed, install a new one by following the instructions above in reverse.
- During installation, ensure that no objects fall in to the motor as this could cause damage when it is turned on.