Service Guide | Select Slab Hood Light Replacement
Please find below our guide to replacing the halogen lighting assembly in your Select Slab hood. To replace just the bulb, skip to step 5.
- Ensure that the appliance is switched off and unplugged from the mains.
- Remove the grease filters from the bottom of the hood.
- Feel around the back of the light to find a cable connected to the rear of the lighting assembly, as shown.
- Disconnect the cable to free the lighting assembly from the electrical system.
- Behind the back of the lighting assembly you will feel two compression clips on either side of the light.
- Squeeze these together to release the lighting assembly through the bottom of the hood.
- When doing this be careful not to allow the lighting assembly to drop as this could cause the glass to break.
- To remove the bulb from the lighting assembly you will need a flat screwdriver.
- Insert the screwdriver into the circlip located around the outside of the lights glass
- Rotate around the cir clip and the glass will pop out revealing the bulb.
- Depending on the age of your hood, the bulbs may vary. Replace your broken bulb with another that matches the existing bulbs specifications (Usually printed on the bulbs glass).